Tasty Matar Paneer Recipe– Matar Paneer is an all-time favorite vegetarian dish that is prepared in almost every Indian household. This delicious and creamy North Indian dish is perfect for dinner or lunch. It is made using paneer (cottage cheese) and green peas (matar) cooked in rich and creamy tomato gravy. This dish is not just easy to prepare but can also be cooked in several ways. Without further ado, let us get started on how to make the perfect matar paneer recipe at home.
ABOUT MATAR PANEER RECIPE
The Matar Paneer recipe features a flavorful blend of paneer and peas simmered in a delectable sauce. The most popular sauce is a rich combination of onion and tomato. Here, I have included two variations: one with a zesty onion tomato sauce, and another with a lusciously creamy green sauce. Try these recipes to savor the delightful flavors of this classic dish!
This matar paneer recipe pairs delightfully with rice, pulao, or roti.
Tasty Matar Paneer Recipe
You will require the following ingredients to make a tasty Matar Paneer Recipe:
1) 300 gm Paneer (cottage cheese)
2) 1.5 cups green peas (matar)
3) 2 onions, finely chopped
4) 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
5) 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
6) 1-inch ginger, finely chopped
7) 2 green chilies, slit
8) 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
9) 1/2 tsp red chili powder (lal mirch)
10) 1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
11) 1 tsp garam masala
12) 2 tbsp oil
13) Salt to taste
Steps on how to cook
1) Firstly, heat oil in a pan and add ginger and garlic. Saute for a few seconds until raw smell disappears.
2) Add onions, green chilies, and sauté until transparent.
3) Add chopped tomatoes and cook until they turn mushy.
4) Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder and cook until oil separates from the masala.
5) Once the masala is cooked properly, add green peas and paneer to the mixture.
6) Add ½ cup water and let it cook on low heat for 10 minutes until the green peas are properly cooked and your Matar Paneer is prepared.
7) Sprinkle garam masala and give it a mix.
1) You can mash the tomatoes before adding them to get a smoother texture.
2) Add water in small quantities so as not to make the dish too thin.
Matar Paneer can be paired with chapatis, parathas, or rice. Garnish with fresh coriander and grated paneer before serving.
With some patience and a touch of your magic, you can now make the perfect Matar Paneer Recipe. The dish is so perfect both in taste and nutrition that it won’t fail to impress. Try out this recipe today and give your taste buds a heavenly treat. Don’t forget to share your experience with us. Happy Cooking!