Pizza is one of the most popular dishes in the world and has become a common household meal. It is not only delicious but versatile, with different variations in flavor and presentation. One variety that stands out is the deep dish pizza recipe. With a thick, crispy crust and an abundance of toppings, it is perfect for any meal or occasion. If you’re a fan of pizza, it’s time to try this yummy recipe.
Origins of Deep Dish Pizza Recipe
Naples, Italy, is credited with the birth of pizza in the late 1700s to early 1800s. However, it is believed that the origins of pizza can be traced back to a flatbread-style dish enjoyed by ancient Egyptians, Romans, and Greeks. In the 19th and 20th centuries, Italian immigrants introduced pizza to the United States, leaving an indelible mark on American cuisine.
Chicago is the birthplace of deep dish style pizza, believed to have been created in 1943 by Ike Sewell and Ric Riccardo at their renowned restaurant, Pizzeria Uno (although its origin is debated). Since then, this delectable concept has garnered immense popularity, leading Pizzeria Uno to expand globally with over 200 locations. It is also known as deep dish pizza Chicago.
Step By Step Guide on Deep Dish Pizza Recipe
Learn the secrets to crafting an authentic-tasting Chicago-style deep dish pizza recipe. Indulge in the buttery crust, delight in the subtly sweet tomato sauce, and savor the robust layer of cheese.
Try to always get fresh ingredients for deep dish pizza recipe.
3 cups flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon instant yeast
1 1/4 cups warm water
2 tablespoons olive oil
28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 pound sausage
1/2 cup onions, diced
1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- In a large bowl, mix your flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar, and yeast. Add water and olive oil, and stir until the ingredients combine and form a firm dough. Knead the dough on a floured surface for five minutes or until it becomes soft and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Allow it to rise for an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll the dough out evenly and transfer it into a well-greased 9-inch deep dish pizza pan.
- Spread out the crushed tomato sauce over the dough, sprinkle some oregano, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Add your toppings as desired. Start with the sausage, onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese, and finish with some Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the pizza for 25-30 minutes until the crust is crispy and golden and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Deep dish pizza Recipe is quickly becoming a favorite of many pizza lovers around the world. With the above recipe, you can now make a mouthwatering homemade pizza right from your kitchen. It is a perfect way to satisfy your cravings while enjoying something warm and delicious. Plus, you can always double the recipe and make more for later or to share with friends. Give this recipe a try and indulge in this cheesy, rich, and scrumptious pizza.